$10 in 3SquaresVT = $20 for food at the farmers market
Crop Cash is a double-value coupon that matches 3SquaresVT/SNAP benefits and can be spent on fresh produce at participating farmers markets.
Anybody who receives benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) - called 3SquaresVT in Vermont - is eligible to receive Crop Cash at a participating farmers market.
How to Get Crop Cash
- Visit one of the farmers markets locations in the state that accept EBT Cards (complete list).
- Look for the yellow banner saying “EBT & Debit Cards Accepted Here” at the market’s information table. Or, ask someone where to find the market manager.
- Let the person staffing the table know that you’d like to use your EBT card, and tell them how much of your 3SquareSVT benefits you’d like to spend at the market. Swipe your card in the EBT machine and enter your PIN. The amount requested will be taken from your 3SquaresVT account.
- You will be given one dollar ($1) wooden tokens which can be used to buy any SNAP-eligible food at the market.
- You will also be given one dollar of Crop Cash for every one dollar in 3SquaresVT benefits you spend (up to $10), which can be used to buy fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs, and edible plant seeds/starts at the market. Crop Cash are FREE bonus coupons, but they must be used by the expiration date indicated on the coupon. They can only be redeemed at the market at which you received them.
- Come back and do it again next week!
*Seniors who receive their benefits directly deposited into their bank accounts can still benefit from this program. To benefit from this program, let the person staffing the EBT machine know how much you would like to spend at the market, and you will be given a matching amount of Crop Cash, up to $10 per market.
You can get Crop Cash anytime during the market season! You must, however, use them up by April 30, 2020 or before the market season ends. Many markets end before April, so be sure to check when the last market date is.
- Crop Cash can only be used to purchase fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs, or edible plant seeds/starts.
- No change can be given for Crop Cash (i.e. must be used in full $1 increments).
- There is a $10 Crop Cash limit, per market day.
- Crop Cash must be used before the expiration date printed on the coupon (April 30th) or the last market date.
- Crop Cash must be spent at the participating market where you got it. The name of the market is printed on the coupon.