Management Intensive Grazing Class
Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 10:00am to 4:00pm
Interested in improving your grazing skills or new to Management Intensive Grazing? This class will employ the teachings of Holistic Management along with the techniques of Management Intensive Grazing (MIG) to assist you in improving pasture productivity and raising healthy livestock.
Class content will include:
• Introduction to Management Intensive Grazing: the how & why
• Goal Setting – determining the ideal pasture system for you and your livestock
• Planning for the whole growing season using maps and a grazing chart
• Calculating livestock feed needs
• Multi Species Grazing
• Plant identification
• Extending the Grazing Season
• Electric fencing and fencing options with Gordon Barnaby
Participants will come away with all the information that they will need to get started with a grazing plan, or to continue on their journey with confidence.
Thanks to Corner Rail Fence Company (Gordon Barnaby) for sponsoring this class