Vermont Organic Farmers creates resources to assist our producers and transitioning farmers on organic production. Select from the following pages for help with anything from finding local forage to seed sourcing!
Organic Input Materials Lists
Not sure if an input you want to use is approved for use in organic production? Check these resources for the product name.
- Organic Material Review Institute (OMRI) Generic and Name Brand Products List (website) »
- Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA) Approved Inputs for Organic Production (pdf)»
- California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) Organic Material Input List (website) »
If the input is not on any of the above lists, please contact the VOF office for our active materials review lists:
- VOF Brand Name Product List for Organic Crop Production (this is an active list, contact the office for the most up to date information)
- VOF Organic Livestock Accepted Health Products, Ingredients & Practices (this is an active list, contact the office for the most up to date information)
- Labeling Guidance (pdf) »
- Preparing for Organic Inspection (pdf) »
- Best Practices for Split Operation Marketing »
- VOF Approved Planting Stock Sources for vegetables, fruit, and field crops (pdf) »
- VOF Approved Compost Suppliers (pdf) »
- VOF Organic Vegetable, Herb, Flower and Fruit Farming Resource Guide (pdf) »
- Frequently Asked Questions for Organic Hemp Producers »