Join Bryan O'Hara of Tobacco Road Farm in Lebanon, CT, as he describes in detail how to start and manage a no-till vegetable production system using all organic practices. Bryan has been making his living from intensive vegetable production on his 3 acre farm for over 25 years and has been using a complete no-till system for the last 12 years. In this episode, Bryan discusses how and why he developed his no-till vegetable production system.
Topics covered include:
- History of Tobacco Road Farm
- Benefits of a no-till system
- Problems from traditional tillage practices
- haracteristics of healthy soils
- Starting a no till production system from scratch
- Managing an established no-till system
Recorded during his presentations at the 2016 and 2018 NOFA Vermont Winter Conference sessions in Burlington, VT. USDA and the University of Vermont are equal opportunity providers and employers.
This material is funded in partnership with the University of Vermont and USDA, Risk Management Agency, under award number RM17RMETS524005.