Crop Cash is the double value coupon incentive program promoting the purchase of fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs at farmers markets that accept 3SquaresVT benefits via EBT cards.
The resources listed below can be used by farmers markets and other partners to promote this program to their customers.
- Double the purchasing power of your 3SquaresVT benefits (turn $10 in 3SquaresVT into $20 total) every time you visit a participating farmers market.
- Maximize the impact of your 3SquareVT benefits by using them at multiple markets during the week and getting Crop Cash from each.
- Use Crop Cash to stock up on your favorite fruits and vegetables while they are in season and more affordable than the grocery store.
- Spend your Crop Cash how and when you want. Like tomatoes or other fruits or vegetables and want to enjoy them while they’re bountiful? Collect your Crop Cash leading up to when they’re in season and enjoy the produce that you like best.
- Keep your federal food assistance dollars local by purchasing food from your area’s farmers and food producers at the farmers market.
- Use Crop Cash to try new and exciting varieties of produce.
- Use your Crop Cash first to buy fruits and vegetables. Save your market tokens for all other food products (e.g. meats, cheese, bread) and/or to buy additional fruits and vegetables.