The 2020 application period is now closed.
2020 Application Packet
- 2020 Cover Letter (pdf)
- Senior Farm Share Program Summary (pdf)
- Senior Farm Share / Farm to Family Poster (pdf)
- 3SquaresVT Cover Letter (pdf)
- 3SquaresVT Poster (pdf)
- Housing Site Applications (pdf)
- Individual Participant Application (pdf)
- Guidelines for Younger Adults with Disabilities (pdf)
- Registration List (pdf)
- Weekly Pick-Up Tracking List (pdf)
- Share Distribution Plan (pdf)
- Site Coordinator reviews application materials.
- Site Coordinator completes Housing Site Application.
- Site coordinator makes copies of Participant Application and distributes to senior residents (³ 60 years) and disabled adults, if the housing site meets the requirements of the Eligibility Guidelines for Younger Adults with Disabilities form.
- Residents complete Housing Site Application.
- Site Coordinate collects Resident Applications.
- Site Coordinator submits Housing Site Application, Eligibility Guidelines for Younger Adults with Disabilities form, and all Resident Applications to NOFA-VT by May 31, 2020.
APPLICATION REVIEW AND NOTIFICATION
- NOFA-VT reviews Housing Site Application for completeness and eligibility for younger adults with disabilities to participate, if applicable.
- NOFA-VT reviews Resident Applications for completeness and eligibility.
- NOFA-VT notifies the Site Coordinator in early June if the housing site has been approved to participate in the Senior Farm Share Program, along with a list of approved applicants.
- NOFA-VT provides the Site Coordinator with the contact information for the CSA farm the housing site will be receiving CSA shares from.
SHARE DISTRIBUTION PROCESS
- Site Coordinator contacts the CSA farm to determine the following:
- If shares need to be picked-up or if they can be delivered
- If the program will be 5 - $10 shares or 10 -$5 shares (or some other variation)
- What type of vegetables and fruits seniors prefer and what the farmer can offer
- If shares will be individually bagged or provided in bulk
- Organizing a farm or farmer visit, if possible
- Site Coordinator submits Share Distribution Plan document to NOFA-VT.
SHARE PICK-UP PROCESS
- Site Coordinator hangs “And Justice For All” poster where shares will be distributed/picked-up.
-If you need a new sign, please notify NOFA-VT and one will be sent to you.
- Participants initial the Weekly Pick-Up Tracking List each week when they pick up their share.
- Site Coordinator distributes newsletter and other materials provided by NOFA-VT to residents during share pick-ups.
END of YEAR REPORTING
Site Coordinator completes the following and submits them to NOFA-VT
- Site Coordinator Survey
- Weekly Pick-Up Tracking List
- Participant Surveys
If you experience any issues with residents or farmers during the season, please contact Emmet Moseley immediately ([email protected] | 802-434-7162).