Intervale Center Employment Opportunity: Conservation Nursery Stewarding Crew
Status: Part-time; Seasonal
Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday – 24hr/week
Term of Employment: June through the end of September
Summary of Position:
The Conservation Nursery Stewarding Crew will support the Intervale Center’s conservation efforts by assisting in maintaining planted areas as well as helping with general nursery tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Stewarding planted riparian zones, including but not limited to weed whacking, clearing vegetation and vines from planted trees, and tube removal.
• Removing woody invasive species from forested areas using manual methods (picks, shovels, loppers, handsaws, etc.).
• Assisting with nursery specific tasks when needed (weeding and transplanting trees in the field and some greenhouse work).
• Work well in a team environment.
• Ability to work outside for extended periods of time in various weather conditions.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to represent the Intervale Conservation Nursery to the public.
Position starts: Immediately
Deadline to apply: Open until filled
The Intervale Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].