Fulfillment Team Member
Since 1996, Vermont Compost Company has been a growing organization, producing coveted compost and potting soil for organic farmers throughout the Northeast.
We are currently looking for someone to join our Fulfillment Team. The responsibilities of this team are very production oriented, with a bit of farming and customer service mixed in; including but not limited to:
• Coordinating with our Sales Team to fill all compost and potting soil order
• Loading trucks for outbound orders of bagged and bulks product
• Greeting walk-ins, instructing them on where to go, clarifying product type and updating documentation as needed
• Maintaining quality assurance protocols to ensure our customers are getting the best product possible
• Grounds maintenance such as plowing, mowing, weeding, landscaping
• Heavy equipment operation and maintenance – frequently operating a front-end loader and engaging in some basic care such as greasing and cleaning
Our ideal candidate is someone that has some tractor/heavy machinery experience, or a strong desire to learn, enjoys physically active work (often outside), has a positive attitude, shows up on time, can commit to a full time schedule, and wants to be a part of an organization doing some real good work up on our little hill, just outside of Montpelier.
Compensation for this opportunity includes $15/hour, consistent wage growth, opportunities to earn overtime pay, paid lunches, paid time off, 3% matching IRA, product discount