Farm at VYCC Hiring Part Time Position
The Farm at VYCC grows 11 acres of vegetables for our 400+ member “Heath Care Share” CSA. Each season we provide employment and learning opportunities to dozens of youth and young adults who complete the bulk of the work on the farm. The Farm Production Support role will be responsible for high priority field work to supplement the efforts of our youth crews. Responsibilities will vary depending on experience but will focus on harvest, cultivation, and equipment operation.
• Support all aspects of farm operation including but not limited to seeding, transplanting, irrigation, cultivation, pest and disease management, harvest, and post-harvest needs.
• Operate tractors, mowers, and other farm equipment safely and responsibly.
• Support livestock (poultry and hog) production as needed
• Support post-harvest efforts as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Prior experience with vegetable production required
• Proficiency with tractors and vegetable cultivation equipment strongly preferred
• Able to communicate clearly, manage time effectively, and work independently
Compensation & Benefits:
· Hourly rate of $15-$17/hour, depending on experience, 20 hours per week
· Vegetables, meat, and eggs from the farm
· Daily lunch made with food from the farm
To Apply please email [email protected] with a few sentences outlining your experience and interest.