Farm Internship- Farm & Wilderness Foundation
• Farm interns assist the farm managers in the care of the barns, gardens, animals and all other farm concerns such as craft areas, food processing, greenhouse, haying, pastures, equipment, and structure maintenance.
• Undergo training throughout the season.
• Keep current on relevant farm issues.
• Lead programs individually as well as co-instruct.
• During the summer camp season farm crew will ensure the health of the animals, gardens, and pastures and assist the farm programs as needed at either the Indian Brook, Barn Day Camp/Salt Ash Mountain, Timberlake and Tamarack Farm facilities.
• Assist with work related to opening and closing of camps.
• Share cooperative living chores with physical plant crew including cleaning, cooking, barn chores and some group maintenance projects.
• Assist with seasonal and other necessary group maintenance projects as needed: firewood, lawn mowing, kybo digging (digging out the night soil from the outhouses), recycling, trash runs, town runs, building repairs.
This position starts in April and runs through October with a weekly salary of $200 plus room and board.