Fall Harvesting Help Needed
Come help us this fall with our fall plantings & harvests.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn many aspects of vegetable farming.
Dutchess Farm has been in business since 1986. We grow a variety of produce for our CSA members & wholesale accounts. We are known for our garlic, herbs, greens, sweet & hot peppers, tomatoes and more. We use cover crops extensively and grow with organic inputs. More information is available on our website at Dutchessfarmvt.com.
We are looking for 1 or 2 full time people to start immediately & stay through mid to late November. We would like help with our fall harvests (beets, carrots, potatoes, hot peppers…) & our fall planting of garlic.
Job duties would include:
• Vegetable harvesting for local markets & CSA's
• Washing & sorting vegetables
An ideal candidate may possess the following skills and experiences:
• Experience in vegetable farming
• Attentiveness to detail
• Good communicator
• Ability to perform labor-intensive tasks
• An interest in agriculture and local foods
• Ability to lift 50lbs
• Ability to drive manual transmission helpful but not necessary
• Familiarity with organic farming standards is a plus
Pay is commensurate based on experience and productivity. Room & board available, if needed. Produce farm share is included in addition to pay.