UVM Extension wants to make sure H2A workers are as healthy as possible during this busy time of year and into the future. The fall flu season combined with COVID is potentially a huge threat to the success and viability of farms and we want to help reduce this risk. We are making available FREE health services on and off-farm in the coming weeks and are doing a health needs assessment to help us make decisions about future services.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU THIS FALL
- Send an immigrant farmer outreach nurse to the farm for health screenings
- Arrange free telehealth visits for workers
- Provide COVID educational resources, screen potentially symptomatic workers by phone, and coordinate on-farm COVID testing for symptomatic workers
- Provide information about local flu clinics accessible to your crew (and when possible coordinate on farm flu clinics)
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Input of farm owners regarding their view of the health care needs of H2A workers
- Input of H2A workers regarding their health care needs and barriers to care
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
- Farm owners or managers: Use this link for the survey OR contact [email protected]. Either way, we’ll be in touch with you.
- H2A workers: We would like to conduct these assessments in person at a time that is most convenient for the farm and workers while masked and practicing physical distancing. We hope to arrange these in person visits through farm owners or managers. You can help us do this by taking the survey or emailing [email protected].