NOFA-VT Mobile Oven Baker & Coordinator
Job Description: The Northeast Organic Farming Association of Vermont (NOFA-VT) is seeking an experienced baker with a flexible schedule from May-October 2019 to manage our mobile, wood-fired oven.
The purpose of the oven is to 1) Promote NOFA-VT to members new and old and be a presence in different communities throughout Vermont, 2) Market organic farms and their food products, and 3) Educate consumers through a unique food experience.
- Ability to drive a truck with a trailer long distances, back up trailer and maneuver on uneven ground at various event sites.
- Ensure that product and process meets Vermont Health Department standards and food stand requirements.
- Bake or occasionally coordinate other bakers for events statewide.
- Source ingredients, off- and on-site preparation of dough and toppings, equipment clean up and storage, and track quantities of doughs/toppings/cheese (or other products) used at each event.
- Maintain equipment inventory.
- Promote NOFA’s mission and marketing message at events.
- Oversee event staff and volunteers, and provide training and guidance.
- Assist Education Coordinator to solicit and organize volunteers for events to help with preparations and serving.
Job Qualifications: As a seasonal contractor, the Mobile Oven Baker & Coordinator has strong interpersonal skills and must be able to work independently with minimum supervision, multi-task, organize and work with volunteers for each event, and be organized.
This position is supervised by NOFA-VT’s Educational & Outreach Events Coordinator and is headquartered in Richmond, with events throughout the state.
The pay range is $16-18/hr. based on experience. Please send a letter of interest and resume to [email protected] with the subject: Baker Position.
Application deadline: Wednesday, March 27th, 2019