Are you a farmer who would benefit from the opportunity to learn from an experienced mentor? Are you an experienced farmer who enjoys helping other farmers improve their operations?
If so, NOFA Vermont invites you to participate in our mentorship and technical assistance program. The program matches skilled and experienced farmers with those who are working on developing and improving specific skills or learning new techniques. Farmers decide how and when they will work together and develop a plan to meet the goals that they set.
For Farmers Receiving Mentorship:
- Begin a new enterprise or improve your current practices
- 20-25 hours of technical assistance and support
- $50 enrollment fee (waivers may be available)
For Farmer Mentors:
- Up to $500 per farm mentored, including time spent on-farm, travel time, phone calls, paperwork, related research, etc.
- Travel expenses reimbursed at $.45/mile
Please contact us if you are interested, would like a paper application, or have any questions.
This program is supported in part by funding from the VT Agricultural Innovation Center.
- Grow Organic Food
- Market Organic Food
- Find Organic Food
- Our Programs
- Advocacy for Agriculture
- Apprentice & Farm Worker
- Farm Financial Resources
- Farm Share
- Farm to Community Mentors
- Gardener Education
- Journey Farmers
- Marketing Farm Products
- Organic Certification
- Technical Assistance
- Vermont Food Education Every Day
- About NOFA-VT
- NOFAvore Blog
- Annual NOFA-VT Events
- Upcoming Events Calendar
- Books & Merchandise
- Contact Us