8:30 - 9:00 Registration (Yates Lounge)
9:00 - 9:15 Welcome (Yates Lounge)
9:15 - 10:00 Lightning Presentations (Yates Lounge)
These short presentations offer quick updates on different topics relevant to all Vermont’s markets.
- Farmers Market Legal Toolkit – Get a sneak preview of the Toolkit and hear an update about where the project is heading.
- Universal Recycling Law & Composting at Farmers Markets –Mia Roethlein of the VT Department of Environmental Conservation will give a brief overview of Act 148 and the impacts on markets. Charlotte Roozekrans will share an innovative solution the Waitsfield Market has been using to handle their trash, recycling and compost.
- Food Access Overview for Markets –This overview will provide markets with the basic framework of the different food access programs you might accept, who runs them, and program updates for 2017.
10:00 - 11:00 Building Market Connections (Yates Lounge)
Attendees will break into small groups to network, brainstorm solutions, and share new ideas to the challenges markets face. The topics for small groups are: Adapting Your Market to Meet Your Community Needs, Growing Your Market Audience, Attracting and Maintaining Vendors, and Building Community Investment in Your Markets.
11:15 - 12:30 Workshop Session I
- Social Media for Beginners
- Back to Basics: Everything You Need to Know About 3SquaresVT
- Design Solutions for Markets
12:30 - 1:00 Lunch (Yates Lounge)
1:00 - 2:00 VTFMA Annual Meeting (Yates Lounge)
Every VTFMA-member farmers market is invited to send a voting representative to learn about 2015 accomplishments, the 2016 work plan, and important updates that will affect markets statewide. While only one representative from each market may vote, the meeting is open to everyone interested in farmers markets.
2:10 - 3:25 Workshop Session II
- How to Grow Your Social Media Presence
- Get with the Program: Building Community Support for 3SquaresVT & Incentive Programs
- Managing Risk at Your Farmers Market
- Understand the Basics of Health Dept. Regulations to Support Your Vendors
3:30-4:30 Q&A with the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets; the Vermont Department of Health; and the Vermont Department for Children and Families (Yates Lounge)
Staff from these three state agencies will be present to provide brief updates for the 2017 season and answer your questions.
4:30-6 New This Year – Happy Hour and Networking at The Worthy Burger (56 Rainbow St. South Royalton).
Door prize & light refreshments. Drinks and meals available for purchase.