We will NOT be holding a Direct Marketing Conference in 2015.
Many aspects of the DMC will be incorporated into the Winter Conference, and there will be a separate farmers’ market organizer conference held in collaboration with the Vermont Farmers’ Market Association in March 2015.
2014 DMC Presentations:
- A Case for Viability Via Vulnerability: Mari Olmand's FarmsTED talk (PPT)
- Assessing the Cost of Your Direct Markets (PDF)
- Building High-Impact Board Teams (PDF)
- Engaging ALL Community Members in Direct Markets (PDF)
- Farm Stands- The 7-11 of Vegetable Marketing (PDF)
- Farm Fresh Meat (PDF)
- Making the Case for Your Market in Your Community (link)
- Marketing Farm Experiences to Increase Product Sales (PDF)
- Marketing Tools, Best Practices, and Guidelines for Better Organizing & Promoting Farmers' Markets (PDF)
- Richard Berkfield FarmsTED (PDF)
- Strategic Marketing Planning for Livestock Producers (PDF)
- Tools and Strategies for Successful Online Marketing 1 (PDF)
- Tools and Strategies for Successful Online Marketing 2 (PDF)
- Value-Added Products- What You Need to Know About Food Safety!
Download the final conference workshop schedule for speaker bios, workshop descriptions, and more details.
THANKS to our 2014 Conference Sponsors:
Center for Agriculture & Food Systems Vermont Law School
Forrest and Frances Lattner Foundation
Newman’s Own Foundation
Northeast SARE (Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program)
USDA AMS Farmers’ Market Promotion Program
USDA Beginning Farmer Rancher and Development Program
Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets and the Working Lands Enterprise Board
Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food, and Markets: Vermont Specialty Crop Block Grant
|2014 Direct Marketing Conference Brochure||599.5 KB|
|2014 FINAL Direct Marketing Conference Program||840.26 KB|
- Grow Organic Food
- Market Organic Food
- Find Organic Food